|Osamu with the cartoon of his composition "Prodigal Son"|
Osamu Giovanni Tanimoto was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1982. His first painting won a prize in the local show in Tokyo at the age of 9. After he worked as a set designer in theater, he decided to focus on painting; he moved to Florence Italy in 2008. He has studied the old masters' paintings and sculptures of the Renaissance and the Baroque periods, such as Raphael, Michelangelo and Velazquez. He has been an authenticated copyist of the Prado Museum in Madrid, Spain since 2012. Osamu graduated from the Russian Academy of Art in Florence in 2014, where he had his academic training in portraits, figures and Plein-air. He studies drawing and composition under Sergei Chubirko, painting under Svetlana Terekhina, and anatomy under Alexei Bakhtin. Osamu has taught drawing in the Sacred Art School in Florence since 2014. He has worked on the commissions in Italy and in Japan. His works are in the collection of the Russian Academy of Art as well as in the private collections in Italy, Switzerland Austria and Japan. Currently, he resides in Florence, Italy.
- Studio of Walderedo de Oliveira. Tokyo. 2007-2008
- Lorenzo de Medici-Marist College. Bachelor Degree in Art Restoration. Florence, Italy. 2008-2010
- Russian Academy of Art. Florence Italy. 2010 - 2014.
- Imperial Academy of Art. St. Petersburg, Russia. July, 2012.
- Sacred Art School, Teacher of Drawing. Florence, Italy. 2014.
- Sacred Art School. Copying of the master works in painting. Florence, Italy. October- December, 2013.
- Sacred Art School. Summer course, 1-week painting workshop. Florence, Italy, July, 2013.
- ‘Prato Boys’ annual drawing course for children ages 8-12. Prato, Italy. 2012, 2014, 2015.
- ‘Piccolo Michelangelo’ annual drawing course for children ages 8-12 at the Academia dei Ponti, Florence. Italy. 2011-2012.
- ‘Silver Point drawing 2-day workshop’. Restorante Baron, Florence, Italy. 2009.
- 2 large panels of murals, each dimensions in 6.5 x 9.7 feet or 2 x 3 m. Barbeque Bar, Florence, Italy. 2013.
- Altarpiece of the St. John the Baptist for the Festa del San Giovanni della Battista. In Collaboration with Dony MacManus. Florence, Italy. 2012.
- The painting of “Louis Armstrong and Sam Coocke” Bar Memphis, Chiba, Japan. 2014
- “City–Wide Art VII” St. James Church, Firenze, Italy. 2008.
- “City–Wide Art VIII” St. James Church, Firenze, Italy. 2009.
- Santa Reparata International Art School, Firenze, Italy. 2009.
- Student exhibition of the Russian Academy of Art in Florence, Florence, Italy, 2012.
- Student exhibition of the Russian Academy of Art in Florence, Florence, Italy, 2014.
- University of Fribourgi, Switzerland. June. 2014.
- “Pictura Ut Pictura”. Officina della Memoria e dell' Immagine, Fiuggi, Italy. 26, July – 14, September, 2014.
- “Russian Portraits” presented by La ProLoco di Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, at Il Palazzo Consiliare , Tavarnelle Val di Pesa. Italia. Dec-Jan, 2014, 2015.